Monday, July 22, 2013

Isn't Sea lovely...


Hello!

Hope you all had a fun weekend, mine was fun too celebrating Hubby's birthday..but our celebrations got cut short as he had to work in the afternoon on his actual birthday - boo!

However it did mean I got to get my serious craft on..

I decided to take a little break from making cards for OWH - click the link, it is a worthy cause, if you have time, send them some stuff...but read the guidelines! During my break I had a nose at some challenges that I might want to enter this week.

I liked the By the Sea theme for the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week...it meant I got to use my new gift from JT - a Kenny K Mermaid stamp!!

The main photo is my entry and it will be going to a new friend...don't want to mention her name, as I think she reads my blog :)

It's slightly fussy, but I think the stamp warrants that. I embossed the whole card (a new first) using my Sizzix fish folder, the scalloped circles were die-cut using Spellbinders dies and the hello stamp is by Hero Arts.

This was a really fun card to make.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Love the mermaid over the fish folder! Genius! Nailed it. I like the double scallop layering as well - I never use my biggest one and you've given me confidence. Will try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I like the embossed fish in the background! How fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fish folder! It is one of the best things in my kit. Craft Buddy, go for it girl, you know you can use that giant scallop

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx