Monday, June 24, 2013

Playing with Hexagons..


 Hello, I hope you all had a good weekend.

Hubby and I went out with our new friends on Saturday and had lots of fun.

I have been looking at lots of cards with hexagons lately and I really love the idea of using hexagons. I have a punch, a stamp and an embossing folder (thank you JT), I wish I had a smaller hexagon die or punch, but for now what I have will have to do. I spent Sunday having a play with all my hexagon kit and here's what I came up with.

The main photo is my entry for the CAS-ual Friday challenge for this week - CFC106: Create a Clean And Simple card with an element that goes off the edge of the cardfront. I like the simplicity of this card and the unusual sentiment. I initially wanted the hexagon to hang off the edge, but couldn't get it to work and thought the hearts would be a nice touch instead.

I made 5 other hexagon themed cards - 

1 - A happy birthday card using greens - I like the contrasting patterns and spotty embossing folder. The peel-off is one of my faves and sadly I have almost run out and I don't think I can get them here in NYC.


1 - Happy Birthday
2 - This card uses my hexagon embossing folder. I embossed a piece of pink cardstock and then chopped it up for a bit of an unusual effect. Being thrifty I used the outside of the punched hexagon from card 1 and added a pink tag, a butterfly and some teeny tiny alphas to make the sentiment. This one is a bit strange, but I like it :)
2 - Hello
3 - I bought a set of stamps that came with a honeycomb/hexagon mini stamp and I have wanted to use it, but been at a loss as to how it could work. Here I stamped it 4 times in 2 colours and then relief cut around it to make a border. Once I had the border I was a bit like ?! and then I thought if I added flowers it would look like a trellis...a bit far maybe?! Anyway I think it's cute, maybe a bit busy?


3 - You are the best ever
4 - I had the card with the purple strip stitched on in my scrap box and thought it would work nicely with some pink / purple hexagons. I love corrugated card and I think the hexagon here looks lovely.


4 - Thank You
5 - The final card is a bit of fun, I am sad that the Rock Star stamp didn't come out too well, but I like the glittery hexagon against the Pink Petticoat quatrefoil background and the bright blue stars tie it all in nicely.


5 - Party like a Rock Star
I enjoyed playing with hexagons, now I just need to get my hands on that smaller hexagon punch as there are lots of ideas I want to try out, but my punch is too big...

Cx 

1 comment:

  1. What fun hexagon cards!! You were on a creative roll!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx